IN THIS COVID 19 TIME, WE HAVE INSTITUTED THESE SPECIAL POLICIES.
1. WE HAVE TAKEN OUR SMALLER ROOM, THE HAYDENVILLE ROOM, OUT OF SERVICE.
2. THE CEDAR HILL ROOM IS OPEN, BUT W SOME LIMITATONS.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM. 3 NIGHT MAXIMUM. NO SINGLE NIGHT STAYS.
MASK-ON RULE IN THE COMMON AREAS.
WE WILL DO ENHANCED CLEANING BETWEEN GUESTS AND NO NEW ARRIVALS ON THE SAME DAY AS GUESTS DEPART
ALL PAYMENTS WILL BE USING A WEB-BASED, CREDIT-CARD PROCESSING PROTOCOL. NO CASH.
Rooms & Rates
We have two guest rooms at Sugar Maple Trailside Inn. Both are upstairs on the 2nd floor and both have private baths.
The larger of our two rooms is the Cedar Hill Room. This has a queen size bed, a private bath with a walk-in shower. $145 a night. Fridays and Saturdays are two night minimum stays.
Our smaller room is the Haydenville Room. This has a full-size bed and it too has a private bath with a walk-in shower. $125 a night. Friday and Saturdays are two night minimum stays.
Both rooms have oak hardwood floors, AC, free Wi-Fi, antique furnishings, plenty of towels, an iron and ironing board, pleasant views, and quiet ambiance.
Why are people
1. Why do most travelers stay at your inn? 50% are here because of Smith College. Sugar Maple Trailside Inn is one of the closest B&Bs to Smith College.
2. What are you best known for? I’ve written five books and have given over 1,200 lectures in 21 states about former RRs converted to linear parks. And all the ramifications of that change including how it affects residential real estate values.
3. What makes your inn unique? A former railroad, now a linear park is 8 feet away our house. And our house has a tangential tie-in to Sojourner Truth and a host of other pre-Civil War era abolitionist history.
Click below for more Qs & As.
We are located in the city of Northampton, Mass. All cities in Mass are made up of different villages.
Northampton has four villages. Northampton, Florence Leeds and Bay State Village.
We are in Florence, which is a completely intact, Civil War era, industrial village.
Our house, Sugar Maple Trailside Inn is on a quiet side street right off the main thoroughfare, Main St. Route 9.
Our address for GPS is: 62 Chestnut Street, Northampton, MA 01062. This is 3 doors from Rt 9.
Look for our bike that lights up in the evening.